ACSM CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINERSM (CPT)
AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SPORTS MEDICINE ( USA )
Becoming ACSM Certified says a lot about you
It says you have chosen to become certified by the organization that’s leading the way in health fitness and clinical certifications.
Did you know?
• ACSM was the first to certify health fitness professionals … and to date we have certified over 25,000 health fitness professionals in 44 countries.
• ACSM establishes the exercise guidelines that all other certifications use for testing … so you know you will be certified by the organization that is setting the standards in the health fitness industry.
• ACSM certifications are NCCA-accredited … assuring you that our certifications meet the highest qualifications.
Become an ACSM Certified Personal TrainerSM
As a personal trainer you have the ability and opportunity to make a real difference in people’s lives when it comes to their health and fitness. What many people are unable to do on their own, they can accomplish with the motivation and support of a personal trainer.
ACSM Certified Personal Trainers are qualified to develop and implement exercise programs for apparently healthy individuals or those who have medical clearance to exercise.
ACSM Certified Personal TrainerSMScope of Practice
The ACSM Certified Personal TrainerSM is a fitness professional who develops and implements an individualized approach to exercise leadership in healthy populations and/or those individuals with medical clearance to exercise.
Using a variety of teaching techniques, the ACSM Certified
Personal TrainerSM is proficient in:
• Leading and demonstrating safe and effective methods of exercise by applying the fundamental principles of exercise science.
• Writing appropriate exercise recommendations.
• Motivating individuals to begin and to continue with their healthy behaviors
Minimum Requirements for becoming an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer^SM
To become an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer^SM you must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
• 18 years of age or older
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Current Adult CPR certification with a practical skills component (such as the American Heart Association)
Manuals: 1) Resources for the Personal Trainer
2) Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription
3) Certification Review,
Duration: 3 Months (2 times a week) SAT/SUN
EXAM FORMAT: Multiple choice questions through Computer based testing
PASSING MARKS REQUIRED: 550/800
VALIDITY: 3 years
RENEWAL: At the end of 3 years
C.E.CS FOR CERTIFICATE RENEWAL: 45 Required
CORRESPONDENCE COURSE ALSO AVAILABLE