COURSE IN SPORTS NUTRITION
R BASIC NUTRITION
R SPORTS SCIENCE, EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY
R PSYCHOLOGY THEORIES AND PRINCIPLES
R SPORTS NUTRITION
ATHLETES AND EATING DISORDERS
1. Basic Nutrition:
• Role & importance of nutrition
• Basic food groups. Use & importance.
• Food pyramid
• Energy: Energy balance. Basal metabolism, factors affecting BMR, methods of determination factors affecting respiratory quotient (RQ). Factors affecting RQ
• Macronutrients in Detail
• Micronutrients in detail
• Interrelation between Nutrients
2. Sports science, Exercise physiology.
• History of sports & games, types & description
• Human anatomy: Musculo skeletal system, Types of contraction, Body temperature & control & its effects on sports performance.
• Aerobic capacity, RQ, anaerobic threshold using various protocol, athletic heart, determination of energy expenditure in sports & non sports activity using various methods
• Effect of training on heart & lung performance, importance of heart rate monitoring, index of training, over training & detraining, basis of fatigue & recovery
• Tests for monitoring of sports training, endurance, strength, flexibility, & reaction time
• Importance of diff ex, advantages & disadvantages of types of ex., physiological basis of selection for specific sports.
• Effect of Exercise on Various Body Systems:
Body Composition, Respiratory system, cardiovascular system, Nervous system, excretory system, Endocrine system,
3. Psychological theories and principles applied to performance/participation in sport/exercise.
4. Sports Nutrition:
• Carbohydrates in Sports Nutrition
• Protein in Sports Nutrition
• Lipids in Sports Nutrition
• Micro Nutrients in Sports Nutrition
• Energy Requirements
• Water & electrolytes balance
• Ergogenic aids and Doping, Injury Supplementation
• Training nutrition, pre-competition nutrition, competing nutrition and recovery nutrition.
5. Athletes and eating disorders
6. Diet planning: endurance Sports: Like Marathon Runs, Cricket etc.
Strength Sports: Boxing, Weight Lifting etc
The primary purpose of the course is to introduce the student to latest research in the filed of sport nutrition and applied areas within the field.
• Develop a broad understanding of the field with respect to sport science and exercise physiology.
• Understand the nutritional requirements for athletes.
• Develop an understanding of psychological theories and principles and their influence on participation and performance in exercise and sports.
• To plan diet for various sport activities.
USEFUL FOR :
M.B.B.S, B.D.S, B.H.M.S, B.A.M.S, B.U.M.S, Dieticians, Physiotherapists, Fitness trainers and Health professionals.
Course Material will be provided.
Rs. 6,000/- + TAX ( 14.50% ) = 6,870/- (Correspondence only)
Rs. 2,000/- + TAX ( 14.50% ) = 2,290/- (Re-Exam)
Chq. /DD may be drawn in favour of ‘BFY’ - Mumbai.
LIFETIME VALID CERTIFICATE ON CLEARING THE EXAM