AMERICAN COLLEGE OF SPORTS MEDICINE (ACSM) USA
BFY, now offers in India preparation course for the Health & Fitness Instructor Course of ACSM.
Becoming ACSM Certified says a lot about you
It says you have chosen to become certified by the organization that’s leading the way in health fitness and clinical certifications.
Did you know?
• ACSM was the first to certify health fitness professionals … and to date we have certified over 25,000 health fitness professionals in 44 countries.
• ACSM establishes the exercise guidelines that all other certifications use for testing … so you know you will be certified by the organization that is setting the standards in the health fitness industry.
• ACSM certifications are NCCA-accredited … assuring you that our certifications meet the highest qualifications.
ACSM Certified Personal Trainer
ACSM Health / Fitness SPECIALIST
ACSM Exercise Specialist
ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist
acsm group exercise instructor
ACSM Health / Fitness SPECIALIST
Become an ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist
Are you a personal trainer ready to step up to the next level? Would you like the ability to work with a wider variety of clients, including those with health risks? Then the ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist Certification is for you.
Considered our advanced personal trainer certification, ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist are required to have at least an Associate’s Degree and are qualified to work with special populations with medically controlled diseases who have been cleared by their physician for independent exercise.
ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist Scope of Practice
The ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist (HFS) is a degreed health and fitness professional qualified to pursue a career in university, corporate, commercial, hospital, and community settings. The HFS is skilled in the following:
• Conducting risk stratification.
• Conducting physical fitness assessments &interpreting results.
• Constructing appropriate exercise prescriptions for healthy adults and individuals with controlled conditions released for independent physical activity.
• Motivating apparently healthy individuals with medically controlled diseases to adopt&maintain healthy lifestyle behaviors.
• Motivating individuals to begin & continue with their healthy behaviors.
Minimum Requirements for becoming an ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist
To become an ACSM Certified Health Fitness Specialist you must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a health-related* field from a regionally accredited college or university (you are eligible to sit for the certification exam if you are in the last term or semester of your degree program)
* Examples: Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology, Physiology, Physical Education, Human Performance, Movement Science, Kinesiotherapy, Athletic Training, Physical Therapy, Nutrition, Nursing, Physician Assistant, Health Care Administration, Sports Management, Health Science, Recreation Management/Science, Community Health, Public Health, and Health Promotion, Occupational Therapy, Biology.
• Current Adult CPR certification with a practical skills
component (such as the American Heart Association)
• ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing & Prescription,8th edit.
• ACSM's Certification Review, 3rd edition
• ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription, 6th edition
Correspondence Course Fees- RS. 32,060/- * (Including 3 manual)
Only Exam Fees for Outsider- Rs. 30,915/-* (Including 14.50% Service Tax)
Exam Fees for BFY Student- Rs. 25,190/-* (Including 14.50% Service Tax)
Re-Exam- Rs. 18,320/-* (Including 14.50% Service Tax)
Passing - 65% Validity - 3 years Renewal - 3 years
Kindly Note:- ONLINE SUPPORT THROUGH SKPE SESSIONS WITH BFY TECHNICAL DIRECTOR-DR.RUCHIRA TENDOLKAR FOR CORRESPONDENCE STUDENTS.